Last Gambit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

[2255] Never Say Goodbye

Go down 
+6
Poewick Ashford
TLG Admin
The Imposter
Carry Foxe
Desmond Deathwalker
Ettimay Sulez
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Meredith Sulez

Meredith Sulez

Personality : Caring, Friendly, Couragious
Home Base : Mosaic City

Character Sheet
Power Level:
[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/100[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)
Alignment: Hero

[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:15 pm

Meredith:

I look down at Bash's hand finding his gesture quite touching.

When handed the radio, I carefully move off to a secluded location to message the others.

"......This is Meredith... calling from the observation station."

I swallow hard.

Trying to forget how many time I had said that during my time here.

"Do you copy?"
Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Species: : Trydein / Blackfire Dark Lord Vessel
Personality : Protective, Anxious, Bohemian

Character Sheet
Power Level:
[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue80/100[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (80/100)
Alignment: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:37 pm

Desmond:

There was a... I feel a pain in my chest at the scent. No... It can't be? Could it?...

Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me... Or... Or someone else just smelled like Mer... But this whole station smelled of her... At least... Maybe it did?... The scent reminded me of her., at least..

My hand goes to my wrist but all I feel is the armor when I unconsciously try to stim with my bracelet.

I follow a scent path around the station and pick up Bash's scent too and head for it.

I hear a huge explosion! My eyes widen and take off running towards it, no longer caring about moving quietly since something was going down.

I swear I saw the moment of someone disappearing around a bend, when suddenly I find myself gliding, feet no longer touching the ground. Propelled forward at the momentum I had been going before gravity was lost. I go tumbling against the outer hallway wall.

It's not that bad because of the armor. But it's either keep dizzily spinning and bumping into the wall or manage to push off it and go towards the inner hallway wall.

I hear shooting ahead and wonder what is going on.

I shove and manage to kick off the wall.

Where I end up is worse as there's shrapnel floating around and the smell of scorched and charred flesh and there's nothing to grab onto to change my direction from drifting closer to the stench and it feels like the temperature has dropped by noticeable degrees. The armor's metal doesn't help in that regard either.

I look around trying to get my barrings to teleport but I'm starting to panic, breathing fasting. The smell of Meri, death, the weird sensations of weightlessness, and the weird chills.
Back to top Go down
Tamsin Graveler

Tamsin Graveler

Species: : Tamiere / Human / Solmyrrh / Zodithan / Siesces
Personality : Sincere, Spiritual, Quiet
Home Base : Bloodwatch Command

Character Sheet
Power Level:
[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue75/100[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (75/100)
Alignment: Warrior

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 12:24 am

Tamsin:

I sit in the chair meditating on higher mindsets so I am not consumed by sorrow. 

The darkness was heavy here. Very heavy. 

We sit between two voids , two pillars of darkness.

I hear a voice, calling itself Merideth from Bash's radio..

(Carry): "Well the old ones can mimic voices... "

He comments with a curious look at the speaker.

Poor Des what is he walking into...

I think worried some monster was aboard with the boys Wink

"Where is the King?" I answer sternly not believing that to be Merideth.
Back to top Go down
Meredith Sulez

Meredith Sulez

Character Sheet
Power Level:
[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/100[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 1:05 am

Meredith:

A loud explosion sounds and I stumble into the wall in surprise.

Did Bash just blow up the bodies?

It seemed almost disrespectful in a way until I remind myself what I did to them prior.

"He is on board as well."

I respond to the stern voice before slowly opening the door and making my way over to where he was.
Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Character Sheet
Power Level:
[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue80/100[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 2:00 am

Desmond:

I shiver in my armor feeling colder and colder to whatever the source was.

The coldness gives me an idea and I unwrap the bandage from my marked hand and try tentatively try to use bursts of smoke to change my weightless momentum.

I manage to backtrack and round the other corner, then give a long burst of smoke once I get a straight shot down the hall.

Suddenly, I'm where there's gravity and land with a thud and smack my head into the floor.

"Ow."

I slowly start to push myself up to my knees.
Back to top Go down
Meredith Sulez

Meredith Sulez

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 2:31 am

Meredith:

On my way over to Bash I almost trip over-

"Desmond?!"

I exclaim and give him a hug.

Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 am

Desmond:

I suddenly hear Meri and get hugged. My eyes widen surprised.

"Meri!?"

It really was her!

Hugs back and swaying side to side excited.

SHE'S ALIVE!!

Bounds up and down.

"You're alive!!"

She's here, she's really here after all those months!

In my exhalation and endorphin rush, a purr noise rumbles loudy in my throat and I knead on her arms while hugging her. I instinctively start licking her cheek and rub my head against her.
Back to top Go down
Meredith Sulez

Meredith Sulez

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 am

Meredith:

I cheer up at Desmond's reaction.

It was really quite heart warming.

"Yes, yes I am.."

I smile softly.
Back to top Go down
The Imposter

The Imposter

Species: : Solmyrrh / Zodithan / Siesces / Siragan
Personality : Dangerous, Temperamental

Character Sheet
Power Level:
[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue99/100[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (99/100)
Alignment: Villain

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 5:38 am

Sebatian:

I throw back a vampire fire torch after BURNING anything left.

That was kinda ..fun. 

Unfortunately it wasn't quite right. I'm getting used to that..

Then I burn a trail till I run out of fuel around the hallway area.

I sense Desmond here and linger a bit in the background watching them but do not interrupt.  What a Face
Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 am

Desmond:

Ahhhh! This is amazing! The universe always works in mysterious ways!

I manage to stop rubbing my head against her and lean back so I can look at her.

I start to tear up as I feel that weight of guilt that I had been carrying.

"I'm so sorry about everything! I know this is all my fault! Inviting you on the trip!"

I look away feeling horrible.

"But I guess it worked out... Most of the other humans back home... Didn't..."

Except Fritz.. Fritz was a trooper... Which was weird.

I glance around.

"Is Bay'bay here too?"
Back to top Go down
Meredith Sulez

Meredith Sulez

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 7:04 am

Meredith:

I look down numbly as the reality of my situation interrupts our moment.

"No.. just me."

I swallow.

It was just me...

I rub Desmond's arm trying to be comforting even though it felt forced.

The pity was almost as bad as the shame.. almost.

I turn and see Bash, before acknowledging his presence.

"Bash, I think you should take this."

I pass him the radio sensing the mistrust the others had for me already.
Back to top Go down
The Imposter

The Imposter

Species: : Solmyrrh / Zodithan / Siesces / Siragan
Personality : Dangerous, Temperamental

Character Sheet
Power Level:
[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue99/100[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (99/100)
Alignment: Villain

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 am

Sebastion:

It felt awkward to stare but. It was such a shock to see them both again.Desmond mentions Beolan and .. thats a whole other story. 

"Right."

((Its gone.)) I tell Meradith privately in a numb tone, understanding how she felt.

The secrets. 

I turn on the radio and try to get back into 'Sebatian' character. 

Being around them just reminded me how it was, so much simpler 

"Its me. I'm ok and it really is Meradith..."

I rembmer why I came here and my own secert.

I turn off the radio.

"Des could you take her back.." I look at her.

"if your ready to leave that is." I add not sure if she wanted to take something or show him anymore.

"I want to go to the other station on my own. Uh I kinda...freaked out here. thought I saw ghosts that was the shooting."
Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 am

Desmond:

"Oh..."

I lower my head.

Meredith was too kind. I try to think how I could repay her... But  I don't think that would ever be possible..

I guess the least I could do is maybe by not dwelling on it... She's already been alone for so long. No reason to make her keep thinking about it.

I look up and nod to Bash's request.

Oh, right! I completely forgot about the explosion and gunshots! I was so caught up in the moment!

I think about where I left Tamsin and Carry.. Hopefully, I don't end up teleporting us into them.

Teleports us.

"Carry, Tamsin! Look! Meris alive!"

I know Bash already told them but I feel like I need to restart the good vibes after giving Meri such bad ones.
Back to top Go down
Meredith Sulez

Meredith Sulez

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 7:44 am

Meredith:

I mouth "thank you" to Bash at his report before he instructs Desmond to help me off the station if I was ready.

I could not be more so.

I give Desmond a look, projecting my feelings on the matter before he transports the two of us onto the ship.

I look around at my new surroundings hardly noticing Desmond's announcement.

It felt so good to be somewhere new with.. so many people.

I look over each one of them with a small smile.

"I think it goes without saying how very happy I am to see you all."
Back to top Go down
Morgain Quince

Morgain Quince

Personality : Spontaneous, a little bit Mad
Home Base : Secrètement

Character Sheet
Power Level:
[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue88/100[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (88/100)
Alignment: Crazy

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:42 pm

Morgain:

I had to SEE this to believe it. How exciting. I KNEW Meredith was more important somehow in the great scheme of things.

Now for BEOLAN'S return and GREAT THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

"Ah so we will not be using the Veru after all.."

I muse leaning between the hallway as Desmond shows off Meredith to Constantine and the hand of the king.

(Carry): "Remarkable. Meredith we haven't had any word since princess Sabel disappeared of the watch..."

(Tamsin): "I am sorry for the rudeness, I was not sure it was you. Welcome back." He gave her a RARE half smile and bowed his head in a polite pressure. 

"Now don't you want to STAY."

I pressure Pote to STAY and follow this sweet smelling beautiful women like everyone else is going to, as he begrudgingly took a picture of Meredith for the historical society.

He THINKS Meredith is nothing special, she looks like EVERY girl in EVERY human village ha's EVER lived at. He is less interested in her then when they met years ago much younger.

(Potemkin): "Welcome back Miss Sulez. Its been awhile." He adds politely outload while thinking quite dark thoughts upset she was alive while Penny was gone.

Fritz stares mouth a gap speechless, too speechless to go over and scan her for plague.

The youngest cadet whizzes in the room with his cub hat on.

(Tully): "Whoa your REAL! Is BEO here too??" He looks around elated. 

Poor chap. all in DUE time...
Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 8:11 pm

Desmond:

I shake my head at Tully. But I guess it does need to be said before other people ask about everyone who wasn't home.

"No. There's no one else."

I consider that.

"At least now we could bring the bodies back to their families..."

It's been soooo long though.

Though, they probably sooo decomposed by now.

And who knows how many there are... Could we even safely bring them all on board?..

I definitely wouldn't perform funerary cannibalism on those. They must be so rotted and decomposed to even consider such a thing. But There were other ways to keep the spirit of the family member close by and cherished.
Back to top Go down
Meredith Sulez

Meredith Sulez

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 8:58 pm

Meredith:

It was quite overwhelming seeing so many old faces again.

"It's ok Tamsin, I would have done the same."

*Looks right through Fritz, hardly recognizing his presence.* [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Icon_wink

Desmond responds to the young cadet's question regarding if there were any more survivors.

I give his hand a gentle squeeze in gratitude before modestly drawing my hand back to myself.

Desmond mentions bringing the fallen back to their families and I hesitate a little trying to think.

".... Boron destroyed them."

I cringe.

"Boron destroyed everyone..."

I space out

Back to top Go down
Fritz Bloomfield

Fritz Bloomfield

Personality : Friendly, Well-Mannered, Keen Observer

Character Sheet
Power Level:
[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/100[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/100)
Alignment: Helpful

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 11:26 pm

Fritz:

Meradith looked so spaced out at me like she saw right though me!

(Potemkin): ((Soo hot..)) He said SARCASTICLY at her PTSD stare. 

I give him a look finding his rudeness unwarranted. If Merdeith was at the village with us.. she would have...died like they were.

How awful to be here alone that long but but.. the alternative.. 

I finely approach her and SCAN her for plague.

"Excuse me."

I listen more horrified about what Boren did.

"He spared you?"

Why?

A mystery....

Master Foxe found that rude I guess and rebukes me telepathically. 
I haven't figured out the projection part to aliens so I just think feelings of 'sorry' and hope he heard it.

(Carry): "Hes gone now, the overlord so don't worry about it, he cant hurt you anymore.."

(Tamsin): "The king, why is he still there..." He whispers to Desmond in worry.
"I thnk I will... go find him... "
Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 11:37 pm

Desmond:

"...Oh..."

That's a shame. Poor families who'll never get their loved ones back, not ever know for certain...

I tilt my head to Tamsin and whisper back.

"Said he wanted to go to the other station alone.. Dude freaked out on this one though and shot at nothing..."

I shurg.

"Guess he doesn't want to accidentally shoot us or have anyone see him like that... It would surely bring negative energies to everyone to see 'The Man' in such a state."

Wary, vibes man. Wary vibes...
Back to top Go down
Tamsin Graveler

Tamsin Graveler

Species: : Tamiere / Human / Solmyrrh / Zodithan / Siesces
Personality : Sincere, Spiritual, Quiet
Home Base : Bloodwatch Command

Character Sheet
Power Level:
[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue75/100[2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (75/100)
Alignment: Warrior

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 11:55 pm

Tamsin:

I frown at how bad that sounded.

Bash was so young and I was worried how all the deaths effected him, it was also quite a shock about his paternity and how much he seemed to be forcing the Starker role with even his name changed. 

I struggle internally to go aboard the old station the MEMORIES. MOTHER..

I wish Blythe had come along but understand she had to stay behind, one of us had too after all in case we all do not return.

((I'm going to try to help him.)) I tell Desmond before going to the escape ships knowing the SS Pinkerwinkle is in good hands with Desmond aboard now I can leave.
Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 12:05 am

Desmond:

(("Alright. Stay safe."))

Or as safe as he can be at least...

Hopefully, he doesn't get shot at next and run into any hidden vampires...

Nope. Can't think that. Gotta send positive vibes his way.

... He's gonna neet it.

Dang it.

It'll be fine. Mers station was empty. So well the other one. And the skeleton was dead dead.

Positive vibes.
Back to top Go down
Meredith Sulez

Meredith Sulez

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 9:21 pm

Meredith:

As Desmond continues his conversation with the other crew, I wander off to the side next to Morgan.

"Tell me of our new home. Is it nice?"

I try to change the subject from the station, worried I might space out again from the obvious trauma I was still compartmentalizing.

I hadn't many interactions with Morgan but he seemed nice.. a bit strange at times but really, who was I to judge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [2255] Never Say Goodbye   [2255] Never Say Goodbye - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[2255] Never Say Goodbye
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2